If you compare different land types, you discover that recreational land is unique. It is a property whose value might rise while you have a great time using it. While it depends on the exact property, recreational land is versatile and suitable for different purposes. Here is why it is a smart investment move!
What Is Recreational Land?
You probably guessed it by the name, but here is a confirmation – recreational land is any ground used for this purpose. According to the statistics, recreational hunting lands are the most common type in this category.
The critical thing to consider is the zoning and other regulations in the area where you are buying the land. That will determine how you can use the land, whether you can build on it, and other specifics. For example, camping might not be allowed in that area, which might prevent you from using the recreational lot for that purpose.
What Types of Activities Are Recreational Lands Used For?
Let’s take a look at the most popular purposes of recreational lands:
- Camping – the primary use of these properties throughout the United States is camping. You can have a private camping ground where you can park RV or set up a tent and enjoy spending time in nature.
- Hunting – if you are a professional hunter, you know how stressful it can be to hunt on public lands. You can even affect the animals that you will hunt and adjust the habitat to your preference.
- Wildlife – whether you are a birdwatcher or enjoy nature, you will love listening to squirrels, birds, and other animals while spending time in your retreat.
- ATV and motorcycle riding – you can create a lot that will be the perfect track for motorcycles and ATVs. If there is snow in the area, you can even use it for snowmobiles.
How Can You Use Recreational Land?
Recreational lands are famous for their versatility. If you are wondering whether these properties are a wise investment, here are some suggestions on what to do with them:
- Rent to others – if you bought camping or hunting grounds, how about renting it to others for a fee? The value of land won’t change (or it will only go up), and you will be earning money in the process.
- Land flipping – you can purchase a piece of land in bad shape and improve it. For example, adding camping amenities might increase the value of a property. Once you enhance it, you can sell it for a higher price and profit.
- Enjoy the property – are you dreaming about having a retreat for family and friends? Recreational land can secure that as you will have a haven whenever you need it. If the right opportunity arises, you can sell them and earn money in the process!
3 Benefits of Investing in Recreational Land
You are now familiar with the versatility of recreational properties, but are there any other benefits of choosing them for your next investment? Here are other reasons why you should invest in recreational land.
1. Tax Deductions
Did you find a piece of land that is vacant and want to purchase it? Here is the good news – many states provide tax deductions if you choose a vacant lot. That doesn’t mean you won’t have to cover property taxes and other expenses, but the overall tax amount will be lower.
It might be wise to consult a tax expert when buying recreational land. They can help with paperwork and guide you through the entire process.
2. Less Maintenance Than for Other Properties
If you buy recreational land, you will need to adapt it for camping or hunting. Some maintenance is also required, but that is nowhere near to maintaining other properties. For example, residential and commercial buildings might deal with leaks, broken roofs and pipes, and other problems. In the long run, it should be easier and more affordable to maintain recreational land.
3. A Valuable Long-Term Resource
The odds are that the land cost won’t go down, especially if you keep using it for a certain purpose. If anything, the value will increase while you are profiting from renting or simply spending time enjoying yourself on the property.
Here are some other reasons why you should invest in recreational land:
- Nobody can steal your land
- Fairly affordable prices depending on the location
- Creating memories and relaxing if you use the property yourself
- You can use the value of timber
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons why recreational land can be the right thing for a property investor. You can benefit from this land on both a personal and professional level. Apart from adapting it for sale and earning from the rent, you can enjoy yourself at the property.
Make sure to use Land.US when shopping for recreational land and capitalize on a unique opportunity!